It was not only a very good lunch but also a very interesting conversation, as he gave me very good details about the kind of activities that exist within the IB division of Portuguese Banks:
- what are the major trends in the industry;
- which banks are doing better than the others;
- what is the average pay,
- etc...
and, I believe, most importantly, he gave me is own personal and sincere opinion about the work he did!
All in all, it was a great opportunity to get to know more about the IB industry and to prepare myself better for the banking week that is coming next week to the MBA.
I have already schedule a conversation with a friend working in PE, I hope it is as good as this one was.
Just a final though regarding the MBA. It is being far more intense than I expected, work just keeps piling up! Fortunately I have a very good work group which allows us all to be very efficient in a collaborative way.
Nevertheless, even though the MBA is being more intense than I had though, it is still a "walk in the park" if I compare it with my last 3 years as a management consultant - I'm now able to go to the gym and to have dinner with my family during the week days at a normal time ;-)
Sem comentários:
Enviar um comentário